For your presentations:
- If you must use bullet points: 7 bullets is the max amount of information an audience can remember
- Images are better than words!
- NEVER use full sentences on your slides! Your audience gets the information from YOU!
- CONNECT with your audience. . . tell us why we should care about your product, service, or solution
- BACK UP what you say with GOOD DATA
- Know your judging criteria
- Stay within time
Tips from Pete:
- Use your 5-minutes for information that tells your story, shows your passion, and backs it up with credibility. . . Q&A will give you time to get more technical
- Video yourself & watch it! Ask for presentation critique from others & Practice!
“5p’s: Perfect Planning Prevents Poor Performance” – Roger Cantello